Sunday, January 27, 2008

Incredibly Easy Beef Stew

My sister gave me a great Crock Pot cookbook for Christmas, and tonight, i made "Easy Beef Stew" from it. And boy, was it easy! JD liked it so much he got 2 helpings. So, try it out.



1 1/2 to 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (i used a lot more bc i like potatoes)
4 cups baby carrots (i got a med-sized bag and used the whole thing)
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
salt & pepper to taste

i also added about 1/4 cup of water that i used to rinse the extra out of the tomato sauce cans. and i had 1/4 of a container of fresh chopped mushrooms in the fridge, so i added them in too. i used a LOT of salt and pepper bc from what i understand, when you cook something in the crock pot for that long, the seasonings get pretty lost...so, use a lot.

Combine all ingredients in crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until veggies are tender.

this is really good with Jiffy Corn muffins.

3 comments:

Katie said...

YUM! I love beef stew, great minds think alike! If you have any leftover, try adding Pickapeppa Sauce to it. It's the only reason that I make beef stew!

marthamisdemeanor said...

I'm trying this tomorrow! :) Whee! It looks great in to pot (premade it tonight so I can just cook it all day tomorrow and it be ready when I come home). I put about 8oz or more water cause I put lots of potatoes in there, hope that doesn't water it down too much!

Thanks for keeping this blog up, I searched just for your receipe since remember you saying how easy it was :).

marthamisdemeanor said...

Um.. "...It looks great in THE pot.." Not "in to". Sorry, I'm beat.