Thursday, January 10, 2008

Really Yummy Pot Roast

This was my first Pot Roast and man, is it good!

1 boneless beef chuck roast, 2 to 3 lbs.
4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
4 stems fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups baby carrots
6 medium red potatoes, quartered
1 small can (6 oz.) V-8
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Cut five or six 1-inch deep slits in beef. Stuff slit with garlic and half the rosemary. Season beef with salt and pepper.

Place carrots and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker and top with the remaining rosemary. Lay beef on top of vegetables. Pour V-8 and Worcestershire sauce over beef and vegetables.

Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.

2 comments:

Katie said...

YUM! I've never made pot roast and I've always wanted to! Thanks, I really want to try this now.. Your cooking blog makes me want to try one of my own. Awwww... Mel, you inspire me. Hahaha...

blog author said...

hahaha... do it girl!! i'd love to see some of your recipes...especially after those macaroni bites!