Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kay's AWESOME Mexican Chili

Got this recipe from my sis, Kay...so all props go to her on this one. It's one of my favs and i make it almost weekly during the winter.

MEXICAN CHILI

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 jar 16oz (?) salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, I like shoepeg
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 small can chopped or crushed tomatoes

In large dutch oven brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft. Add salsa, beans, corn, taco seasoning, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil for and reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes. I just cook it until I’m ready to eat.

Great toppings include, chopped jalapenos, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream. We eat this with corn chips but would be great with corn bread too (or both if you're really hungry).



To make this in a crock pot, just brown the beef and add the onions and garlic. Then put that into a crockpot and add the other ingredients. Put on low for 4 to 6 hours or high 2 to 3 hours.

If you like your chili saucier, add some tomato sauce or V-8 juice.

4 comments:

kay said...

why your welcome!!

marthamisdemeanor said...

if my chili looks like that guy with the sombrero I don't think I could bring myself to eat the little guy! hahaha :)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You, my friend, are the smartest one on the blog-block!!! (see my response comment...)

blog author said...

hahah...i saw your response. i win i win!!! hhaha... i only noticed bc it's my name too. if it had been Meredith or something, i would have blown right by it.