Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bacon-y Spinach


This is yummy! i made it tonight with meatloaf and garlic mashers.

Fry up some 3-4 slices of bacon in a large skillet. I used turkey bacon. Get it good and crispy. Set aside on paper towels to dry.

Keeping the bacon grease in the pan, on medium high heat, add as much spinach into the skillet as you can. it will begin to wilt. Stir as it wilts, then add more spinach until you have the desired amount. I used about 1/2 a large bag of spinach for 2 people. After it wilts, cook for about 2 minutes more until tender. Drain the excess water/grease out of the pan using a strainer. Mix 2 tbsp of White wine Vinegar into the pan and stir until mixed thru. Season with salt. Crumble bacon atop the spinach and serve.

(if you prefer not to cook spinach in bacon grease, you can nuke the bacon, then use olive oil in the pan instead of the grease...just as good, not as bacon-y)

3 comments:

Jen Hill said...

Your comment on Cecily's site about the older kids Trick or Treating and thinking they are cool is SPOT ON! Every year we get visited by quite a few of them!

I love new recipe ideas, so I will have to come back and visit. My kids really love spinach, go figure? And Bacon just makes everything better.

Best, Jen

blog author said...

i actually grabbed the wrist of an older kid who tried to take all my candy a couple years ago. luckily my big dog was right behind me. probably not the smartest move.

and yes, it's like a spoon full of bacon helps the medicine go down :)

Jen Hill said...

That is too crazy! An older neighbor kid told me last night, "You know me so give me more candy!"

And my reply was, "Yeah, and because I do know you (and that you are a totally spoiled, rotten kid with a bad attitude), maybe you should receive less!"

Ahh, the speedy comeback is so heart warming! ;) Wish I had a dog...